Phonogram-Polygram released between 1978 and 1981 a series of records called MPBC which means Música Popular Brasileira Contemporânea (Contemporary Popular Brazilian Music). But has less to do with MPB or other Brazilian Pop music, but in fact with Jazz and Fusion combined with Brazilian styles like Samba, Bossa Nova and Forró. The purpose of the 11 LPs was to show new diverse tendencies of instrumental music from professional musicians, composers and arrangers.
Download the whole album of each artist by clicking on the name, thanks to the great Abracadabra blog.
01. Djalma Côrrea – Piano de cuia
02. Luiz Cláudio Ramos – Ladeira do Tambá
03. Robertinho Silva – Bionico
04. Célia Vaz – Mar á tona no Leblon
05. Nelson Ayres – Mientras
06. Marcos Resende & Index – Macacheira
07. Aécio Flávio & Quartesanato – Zero grau
08. Túlio Mourão – Barro doce
09. Octávio Burnier – Aproximação
10. Nivaldo Ornelas – Ninfas
11. Stenio Mendes – A barca dos homens, Aquarela do Brasil, 2001 uma odisséia no espaço, Hava nagilah